This 5 weeks flew by like nothing. The first couple of days were hard but after that I basically forgot that I am still on social media. Most important was to turn of notifications of any apps.
And I can feel the change! I am way more happier than I was before. The constant need of checking what other people are doing is gone and I am so much less on my phone than before.
I have a whole lot more time to spend on better stuff than hanging all the time on Facebook or Instagram. I read like 5 books in 5 weeks just because I had nothing else to do on the train. My phone saved so much battery during this time not using Snapchat.
I probably will never be able to quit all social media but I learned a lot about me in this time, and definitely found a way to reduce my time on my phone and social media.
1. The way you smile.
2. The way you look at me.
3. You allow me to be independent.
4. You encourage me.
5. How you put up with my moodiness.
6. The way you kiss me.
7. The way you touch me.
8. The way you light up my life.
9. How I instantly feel better when I hear your voice.
10. The fact that we can plan our future.
11. The way you smell.
12. When I am with you the whole world stops.
13. The way you hug me.
14. How the second I saw you, I knew you were the one for me.
15. How faithful you are.
16. How I can act like an idiot and you still love me.
17. The way we cuddle.
18. The fact that I could fall asleep in your ams in the matter of 5 minutes.
19. How warm you are.
20. How much family means to you.
21. The feeling of security you give me.
22. You give me hope for the future.
23. You always make time for me.
24. How patient you are.
25. How you are the first person I wanna hear when I wake up.
26. How you are the last person I wanna hear when I go to bed.
27. The little things about you that annoy me.
28. The way you respect my decisions.
29. How you always do anything I ask of you.
30. For letting me tease you.
31. The way you say my name.
32. For picking me over anyone else.
33. Just being with you.
34. How you tell me your dreams.
35. The way you inspire me.
36. The way you make me anxious waiting for the day I get to see you again.
37. Even when I am grumpy you still love me.
38. The way I can be myself.
39. You make me feel confident.
40. You keep me warm when I am cold.
41. How you don’t mind my hands and feet always being ice cold.
42. How you don’t care how sweaty or clammy my hands get.
43. How you love all of my imperfections.
44. The way you talk about me to your friends.
45. You make me smile even if I am crying.
46. How I can tell you anything and everything.
47. How loving you comes so naturally.
48. How afraid you are to lose me.
49. How protective you are.
50. How I know that you are always going to be there for me.
51. When I am with you I feel like I am home.
52. The way you scratch my back.
53. How it takes us so long to say goodbye.
54. The way you miss me.
55. The sound of your voice.
56. The compliments you give me.
57. How much you have taught me about life.
58. How much you have taught me about myself.
59. The way you will never hurt me.
60. I could tell you anything and you wouldn’t think less of me.
61. The way my arms fit around your waist.
62. How you come up behind me and wrap your arms around me.
63. For letting me help you.
64. For always listening to me.
65. For always being interested in everything that I do.
66. All of the cute names you call me.
67. How we always seem to think of texting each other at the same moment.
68. For taking the chance to get to know me.
69. How different we are.
70. How our differences still complement each other.
71. How cute you look when I tickle you.
72. How bad of a liar you are.
73. How we can talk without even saying a word.
74. How you always wonder what is on my mind.
75. How you are always on my mind.
76. You always give me something to look forward to.
77. When you kiss my forehead.
78. The way your mood affects my mood.
79. How even when you are angry you are still adorable.
80. Your goofy grin.
81. Your heartbeat.
82. How when I cry it gives you the worst feeling in the world.
83. Being with you makes me feel like I can defy the whole world.
84. How you never rush into anything.
85. How you would move across the country just to be with me.
86. How we can stay up all night just to talk.
87. How you say whether something looks good on me or not.
88. The way you sing to me.
89. The way you show your love for me.
90.The way you appreciate me.
91. You make me feel special.
92. How you actually like taking pictures with me.
93. Your just simply amazing.
94. I could kiss your lips all day long.
95. The way you mean everything to me.
96. How I can look into your eyes and see your heart.
97. You make me feel like I have never felt before.
98. The way you hold the key to my heart.
99. The way you make me love you.
Well this post is probably more than over due. I started to change my blog to get a variety of posts, with subjects in lifestyle and inspiring or motivational quotes. But I started this blog to write about my experiences and my thoughts.
So as I mentioned in earlier posts, after I came back from America I felt like everything was falling apart. I lost probably some of the most important people in my life, because I wasn't able to deal with my depressions. And I thought my only way to happiness is having structure in my life. To plan every little detail of my life. Since I started first grade or even earlier - I don't really remember -, but since then I have the constant need to prove everyone what I am doing. One of the most thoughts is: What will my parents think? But shouldn't it be what I think. Shouldn't every single person be happy with what they're doing and not care about what whoever will think about it.
I am not even 18 yet and I don't have to have everything figured out yet. And I don't always have to make the "right" decisions. There is gonna be enough time left for me to think about everything I have done wrong or didn't do in my life. Because 99% of the time I didn't took the opportunity that was right ahead of me, because I was scared of my parents, the consequences or what might happen I regretted afterwards that I didn't do it.
A lot of people have been telling me lately that I seem happier than like 2 months ago. I feel happier. And I know I am happier. So no one ever actually cared on how their decision might effect me, so why should I care what others think as long as I am happy? And this probably sounds really selfish but in the society of today you have to act selfish to not fall on the ground and break.
Just lately I have been starting to realize that I enjoy finding myself, to not have everything planned and figured out. And it makes me happy. And everyone should be able to do what makes them happy without society telling us what is right or wrong and good or bad. Don't try to be someone else because society is telling you to.
You are on a budget, but still want to have a great time in Zurich?
1. Züri rollt.
You can rent a bike for free in Zürich, explore all you want. All you need is a ID card and a 20.- deposit, which you get back.
2. Historic City Center.
What did Zurich look alike 200 years ago? In the building "Zum unteren Rech" is a detailed reproduction, handmade.
Life is about getting lost, and finding yourself. You can do that at the Kasernenareal, Seeburgpark or at th ETH-Hönggerberg.
4. 1200 Fountains.
A lot of the fountains are small masterpieces, with stories behind them. From July to October are guided tours available.
5. Botanical Experience.
If you have a thing for plants, flowers and nature Zurich has a good range. The succulent collection Zurich has since 1931 the biggest and most important special collection ok succulents. The botanical garden invites you to enjoy all the flowers or just relax for a moment.
6. Arthouse Zurich.
Every Wednesday the entrance in the Art House of Zurich is free. Some of the most important art collections of Switzerland are shown there.
7. Water Fun.
My personal favorite during summer is the river Letten! Jump in the refreshing water and just let go. The best part is the whole river part is supervised for free :)
I've been thinking long about actually posting this blog post, especially because it is a really sensitive subject nowdays.
First of all I am neither of these three. And I probably never will be.
However I think it is the right time to actually say how I feel about changing your lifestyle to an extreme.
All in all I think the idea of being vegan is fine. I mean it makes a lot of sense to quit eating animals to stop killing animal, doesn't it? But have you ever thought about all the food trends like avocado or quinoa that cause tropical deforestation?
In my opinion if you consider to avoid all animal products, you should be aware of which products are seasonal and regional. Or else you don't help animals nor the local farmers.
If you consider becoming vegetarian or are already one and even all the vegans please always think about the fact what you're doing to your body. In the Stone Age people were depending on all the food they could get and they would use every last bit of an animal they caught. And I am aware that we evolve since then, but not every body type is fitting for this kind of lifestyle. You pass on a lot of minerals and vitamins your body needs.
I personally think to be pescetarian is the most healthy one of these 3. You still get the vitamins and calcium and at the same time you make a small but important impact on the throw-away society of today. But please always be sure to get your fish or seafood from sustainable places.
"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."
After over a week of living without Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat I am actually surprised by the impact it made in my life. I can tell from myself that I am in a better mood. And I don't have the constant need of checking what my "friends" are doing. I simply don't care, and not in a bad way. Because I love to listen to all of my friends what they are doing, when they want to tell me. But I care more about what I am doing right now and with my life. It took a lot to set my happiness first. Of course I am not in the best mood 24/7 but the majority of the time.
But on the other hand it was also really hard when I was bored. I didn't know what to do. Usually when I am on the train I just check various timelines, and this led me to thinking again if I should check on Facebook or Instagram. However I started to taking a lot of books with me to wherever I go and realized I have lots of time to read on the Bus and the train. I am really glad I made this change in my life and I hope it will be as easy this next 3 weeks. And I hope I can take this experience with me.
I recommend every single person to think about how much time we spend on social media! And social media is not a bad thing, but how much time we actually waste by looking at unnecessary stuff. And how we could spend that time by doing something meaningful!
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
Sleep is the best meditation.