It's already been a while since I was in Porto, but I just didn't get a chance with uploading this post. A lot has been going in my life. So but I'll be trying to upload posts regularly again.
My sister and I went to the airport pretty early in the morning. The flight to Porto only took about 2 hours.
From the train station we had to find our apartment in the city centre of Porto, without any internet. Just a map. Because we were early to check-in in our apartment, we went to eat lunch around the corner. As you might see in pictures with my sister, we look pretty Latin, so people just assumed we speak Portuguese. And when they realized we don't speak Portuguese they automatically lost interest. This experience was somehow funny. Because I get asked like all the time if I am Latin .
After we ate and got the keys for the apartment we went to explore the city a little. We took a boat ride in the river, douro and got a view of all six bridges. To let the day sink in we went to the ribeira and on the other side of the douro, i think village on the other side was called, Gaia. After it got dark we ate something little for supper and tried to find the way back to our apartment, where we went to bed really really early.
On the second day in Porto, we got up early so we can use the whole day for productive stuff. While my sister was getting ready, I went around the corner to get some coffee and croissants.
The first stop was the famous libary, Livraria Lello.
It was really crowded so we didn't stay pretty long, we went to the really pretty main train station of Porto.
At the train station we bought bus tickets to get out of town, to the sea side. Unluckily the weather wasn't as good as we tought it would be but the sun ended up coming out anyways.
We had a lot of fun at the minimalistic Sea Life of Porto and had a great meal at the sea.
For our "last" night in Porto we wanted to go out. We went to the Hard Rock Café, which was just around the corner from our apartment. Actually all of the night life scene was around the corner.
We got up early on Sunday, so we can use all the time before we have to go to the airport. First thing in the morning was to visit the Jardins do Palácio de Cristal. The garden was so pretty and had an amazing view over Porto and the Douro.
After we walked all the way down to the river and a visit at the pirate museum, we both were hungry. We went again to Gaia, where we saw earlier that weekend a traditional Portuguese restaurant.
(Yes, please don't mind this annoying man looking at my sausage.)
After buying a few souveniers we went back to our apartment to get our stuff and go to the airport. But when we came to the airport they told us they overbooked our flight. And we will get a standby ticket, in case someone misses the flight or doens't show up we can have their seats. But everyone showed up for the flight to Zurich, so we had to spend another night in Portugal.
Good thing, we got everything paid from the airline.
A nice hotel, with a great view on the river, and even two meals.
After spending another night in Portugal, we had a flight back home at 6 in the morning. We left our hotel around 5 I think. Can't really remember, I was so tired.
Being back home made me think about what I loved most about this amazing trip, besides spending time with my big sister. I think the part I liked to most was the street art, from musicians to painting. I am wotking on a video of all the artists I was able to catch a shot of.
Hope you enjoyed reading about my trip to Porto!!
1. Your mistakes are part of who you are and learning process.
2. Don't compare yourself to others, because you are not them.
3. There is not right way to do anything.
4. Stand up for what you believe, even if it's unpopular.
5. Learn from people who criticize you.
6. Accept your weakness as your "features".
7. Look at your past as an adventurous biography.
8. Don't underestimate your talent.
10. Intelligence is relative, self-esteem ist not.
11. Express your anger in a creativ way.
12. Sourround yourself with people who want you to succeed.
This 5 weeks flew by like nothing. The first couple of days were hard but after that I basically forgot that I am still on social media. Most important was to turn of notifications of any apps.
And I can feel the change! I am way more happier than I was before. The constant need of checking what other people are doing is gone and I am so much less on my phone than before.
I have a whole lot more time to spend on better stuff than hanging all the time on Facebook or Instagram. I read like 5 books in 5 weeks just because I had nothing else to do on the train. My phone saved so much battery during this time not using Snapchat.
I probably will never be able to quit all social media but I learned a lot about me in this time, and definitely found a way to reduce my time on my phone and social media.
1. The way you smile.
2. The way you look at me.
3. You allow me to be independent.
4. You encourage me.
5. How you put up with my moodiness.
6. The way you kiss me.
7. The way you touch me.
8. The way you light up my life.
9. How I instantly feel better when I hear your voice.
10. The fact that we can plan our future.
11. The way you smell.
12. When I am with you the whole world stops.
13. The way you hug me.
14. How the second I saw you, I knew you were the one for me.
15. How faithful you are.
16. How I can act like an idiot and you still love me.
17. The way we cuddle.
18. The fact that I could fall asleep in your ams in the matter of 5 minutes.
19. How warm you are.
20. How much family means to you.
21. The feeling of security you give me.
22. You give me hope for the future.
23. You always make time for me.
24. How patient you are.
25. How you are the first person I wanna hear when I wake up.
26. How you are the last person I wanna hear when I go to bed.
27. The little things about you that annoy me.
28. The way you respect my decisions.
29. How you always do anything I ask of you.
30. For letting me tease you.
31. The way you say my name.
32. For picking me over anyone else.
33. Just being with you.
34. How you tell me your dreams.
35. The way you inspire me.
36. The way you make me anxious waiting for the day I get to see you again.
37. Even when I am grumpy you still love me.
38. The way I can be myself.
39. You make me feel confident.
40. You keep me warm when I am cold.
41. How you don’t mind my hands and feet always being ice cold.
42. How you don’t care how sweaty or clammy my hands get.
43. How you love all of my imperfections.
44. The way you talk about me to your friends.
45. You make me smile even if I am crying.
46. How I can tell you anything and everything.
47. How loving you comes so naturally.
48. How afraid you are to lose me.
49. How protective you are.
50. How I know that you are always going to be there for me.
51. When I am with you I feel like I am home.
52. The way you scratch my back.
53. How it takes us so long to say goodbye.
54. The way you miss me.
55. The sound of your voice.
56. The compliments you give me.
57. How much you have taught me about life.
58. How much you have taught me about myself.
59. The way you will never hurt me.
60. I could tell you anything and you wouldn’t think less of me.
61. The way my arms fit around your waist.
62. How you come up behind me and wrap your arms around me.
63. For letting me help you.
64. For always listening to me.
65. For always being interested in everything that I do.
66. All of the cute names you call me.
67. How we always seem to think of texting each other at the same moment.
68. For taking the chance to get to know me.
69. How different we are.
70. How our differences still complement each other.
71. How cute you look when I tickle you.
72. How bad of a liar you are.
73. How we can talk without even saying a word.
74. How you always wonder what is on my mind.
75. How you are always on my mind.
76. You always give me something to look forward to.
77. When you kiss my forehead.
78. The way your mood affects my mood.
79. How even when you are angry you are still adorable.
80. Your goofy grin.
81. Your heartbeat.
82. How when I cry it gives you the worst feeling in the world.
83. Being with you makes me feel like I can defy the whole world.
84. How you never rush into anything.
85. How you would move across the country just to be with me.
86. How we can stay up all night just to talk.
87. How you say whether something looks good on me or not.
88. The way you sing to me.
89. The way you show your love for me.
90.The way you appreciate me.
91. You make me feel special.
92. How you actually like taking pictures with me.
93. Your just simply amazing.
94. I could kiss your lips all day long.
95. The way you mean everything to me.
96. How I can look into your eyes and see your heart.
97. You make me feel like I have never felt before.
98. The way you hold the key to my heart.
99. The way you make me love you.
Well this post is probably more than over due. I started to change my blog to get a variety of posts, with subjects in lifestyle and inspiring or motivational quotes. But I started this blog to write about my experiences and my thoughts.
So as I mentioned in earlier posts, after I came back from America I felt like everything was falling apart. I lost probably some of the most important people in my life, because I wasn't able to deal with my depressions. And I thought my only way to happiness is having structure in my life. To plan every little detail of my life. Since I started first grade or even earlier - I don't really remember -, but since then I have the constant need to prove everyone what I am doing. One of the most thoughts is: What will my parents think? But shouldn't it be what I think. Shouldn't every single person be happy with what they're doing and not care about what whoever will think about it.
I am not even 18 yet and I don't have to have everything figured out yet. And I don't always have to make the "right" decisions. There is gonna be enough time left for me to think about everything I have done wrong or didn't do in my life. Because 99% of the time I didn't took the opportunity that was right ahead of me, because I was scared of my parents, the consequences or what might happen I regretted afterwards that I didn't do it.
A lot of people have been telling me lately that I seem happier than like 2 months ago. I feel happier. And I know I am happier. So no one ever actually cared on how their decision might effect me, so why should I care what others think as long as I am happy? And this probably sounds really selfish but in the society of today you have to act selfish to not fall on the ground and break.
Just lately I have been starting to realize that I enjoy finding myself, to not have everything planned and figured out. And it makes me happy. And everyone should be able to do what makes them happy without society telling us what is right or wrong and good or bad. Don't try to be someone else because society is telling you to.
You are on a budget, but still want to have a great time in Zurich?
1. Züri rollt.
You can rent a bike for free in Zürich, explore all you want. All you need is a ID card and a 20.- deposit, which you get back.
2. Historic City Center.
What did Zurich look alike 200 years ago? In the building "Zum unteren Rech" is a detailed reproduction, handmade.
Life is about getting lost, and finding yourself. You can do that at the Kasernenareal, Seeburgpark or at th ETH-Hönggerberg.
4. 1200 Fountains.
A lot of the fountains are small masterpieces, with stories behind them. From July to October are guided tours available.
5. Botanical Experience.
If you have a thing for plants, flowers and nature Zurich has a good range. The succulent collection Zurich has since 1931 the biggest and most important special collection ok succulents. The botanical garden invites you to enjoy all the flowers or just relax for a moment.
6. Arthouse Zurich.
Every Wednesday the entrance in the Art House of Zurich is free. Some of the most important art collections of Switzerland are shown there.
7. Water Fun.
My personal favorite during summer is the river Letten! Jump in the refreshing water and just let go. The best part is the whole river part is supervised for free :)
Sleep is the best meditation.